Vegetarian Cashew Stir Fry (GF, dairy free)

Some months are "pull the belt in tight and coast with what you have in the cupboard, find a few dollars and pick up some produce" sort of months.  The last two have been that way for me.  So I haven't posted many new recipes.

Today, I had leftover wild rice, waaay to many fresh eggs from my neighbor's chickens, and some other goodies.

Suddenly an idea hit...

Vegetarian Cashew Stir Fry

I poured some sesame oil in a cast iron pan and heated it up.

Tossed in chopped broccoli, sweet pepper, and green onion.  Sauteed it.  

Pushed the veggies to the side.  Added a scrambled egg. Fried and chopped it.  

Tossed in the leftover wild rice and a handful of cashews. Sprinkled on salt, pepper, and coconut aminos.

Heated thoroughly.  Served with seaweed snacks and homemade Rose Jasmine Kombucha.

Not bad for scrounging for lunch and took about 15 min to make.

Comments