Stir Fried Rice Basics (GF, dairy free)

The options for stir fried rice meals is endless. It's a great way to use leftover rice and other goodies tucked away in the refrigerator.
If I didn't cook the rice with a broth, I like to add a bit of Better Than Boullion No Chicken Base to some water and pour it on the rice and warm them in a pan. Then I sprinkle on Sesame oil and Coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative).

If I want egg in it, while the rice is cooking, I crack and beat an egg.  Then cook it in an oiled pan, chopping and flipping it into thin strips.  I then add it to the rice.

This is the super basic base for my stir fried rice meals.  At this point pairing the rice with other food options is up to you.  In the picture above, I paired the egg free rice with ground beef, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot shreds, green onion and almond slices. As I do a single serving size, it is one green onion, one hamburger patty chopped up, and a handful each of cauliflower, broccoli, and carrot shred, with almonds sprinkled on the side.

When I could eat chicken, I would make it without the eggs.  Then I would cook leftover chicken chopped up into chunks, cashews, broccoli, green onion, a scoop of peanut butter, water, and aminos together until the peanut butter was melted and the chicken and broccoli were warm.  Then I would serve it on the rice.

Sometimes, I just go vegetarian and use any combo of mushrooms, green onion, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, almond, extra firm tofu, and edamame. It's a great way to make sure veggies in the refrigerator get used before they go off.

I love to eat fried rice combos with sea grapes, also known as Umibudo.
I purchase mine through Amazon. They come dehydrated in little packages.  
Rehydrating is easy.  Remove the Umibudo from the package and place in a bowl of cold water.  
They unfold little by little over 3 minutes of time.  Rinse and put them in ice water. This helps to remove some of the ocean flavor from them and keep them full and crisp.  I leave them in the ice water and take some out to eat together with each bite of my stir fry. Mixing them in with the stir fry will cause them to expel water immediately and shrivel up again.  They taste so much better when crisp and full.


Comments