Lunch Chat: Salads


Salads are amazing creatures.  You make one.  It fills the plate.  Looks like so much food, but an hour or two later, you are ready to eat again.  But goodness, a well made one is mighty tasty.

I added cilantro to a spring mix. Then tossed in zucchini, English cucumber, green onion, radish, carrot, sweet peppers, and leftover perch from the other night.  Topped with avocado, green olives, and salad dressing.  Would love to add sunflower seeds, but they and I apparently aren't friends any more. Grabbed a bag of veggie chips and here we are.  Enjoying garden goodness while thinking about recipe ideas and health goals.

Publishing my recipes slowed down a bit.  Sometimes we get busy and go on cruise control and just get through tasks in front of us.  Tostadas, berries, eggs and fish became a daily occurrence for meals.  Candies and breads snuck in the door. Walks lessened as the weather has not cooperated with us. Edema came back, as did 10 pounds.

Normally, I would feel discouraged and defeated. But this time is different.  School's out in two weeks.  A new job is around the corner as is going back to college.  A schedule is emerging.  Suddenly, I see a way to get back on track and maybe, maybe, maybe not only continue to increase my physical strength but also lose some more weight.

So why is this year different from other years? Last year's effort really made a difference, even with slipping a bit here lately.  I am thinking more clearly and feel so much better.  So much so that I have been able to work out a life plan and start moving forward with activating what needs to happen for me to see this plan fulfilled.  Clarity and direction wasn't happening for me until I started on this journey to health.  I had to become well enough to arrive at this point.  And here we are.

So this dietary and weight set back?  It is a launching point to the next goal. It was like taking a bit of a vacation.  Somehow on vacations we tend to get new ideas and inspiration. These reenergize us. Next thing we know, we are launched forward to our next destination.

Here is to a beautiful summer of growth and reaching out next goals in life!  Have a beautiful one.

Comments