Mackerel and Veggie Rice Pasta (GF, dairy free)

When you have to have a radical diet overhaul like I did, a worry is "Will I be able to eat normal food again." My answer is "YES" and it can start now. I've had to drop so many foods.  I still dont get it perfectly.  But on this gluten free, no dairy, fructose free, low FODMAP, etc diet I find freedom of choice. The onions are high in fructose and can be substituted with green onion.  But I am testing the onions to see if they are problematic.  Also, I have to be careful with mushrooms.  So this recipe isn't a perfect example of what my doctors and I have discovered, but it is mighty flavorful.

As I am cooking for 1 person, this is written for a single serving and can easily be changed up to meet your serving requirements.

Handful of Tinkyada Brown Rice Spirals
1 tsp oil, I used sunflower oil
1 handful of sliced baby bellas
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1/8-1/4 C white mushroom diced
1/2 C zucchini slices
Thyme
Black pepper
Himalayan salt
Follow Your Heart Dairy free feta crumbles

Boil water in a small pot.  Add noodles.

In a medium pan, add oil to cover the bottom of the pan.  Add onions and mushrooms and lightly saute them.  Add the other veggies and seasonings.  Cook until the veggies are soft, but slightly crunchy.  Add the canned mackerel.  If some oil comes along with the slices, that's ok.  Turn off the burner.

When the noodles are to your taste, drain and pour on a plate.  Add the veggie mix.  Top with a sprinking of the feta crumbles.

 

Comments

Post a Comment