Tuna Melt (GF, dairy free)

I almost didn't post this one.  It tastes fabulous!  But I missed an ingredient: quinoa.  I am anaphylactically allergic to quinoa.  After eating this, I spent the next 2 days recovering.  So, yeah, ooops.  Double and triple check labels if you are like me.

Despite that scary adventure, this is truly a really tasty option for a tuna melt. I am really impressed with the quality of these English muffins.  Soft, chewy, good flavor, nice texture.  Well done Canyon Bakehouse! And Violife, your cheese alternatives... just keep making them. 
On to tuna melts.  Easy, peasy recipe.

I use a can of well drained tuna in water. I like my tuna to be mixed with a spoon of mayonnaise, a squirt of deli mustard, and a small spoon of dill pickle relish. The tuna base is easily adjusted to each person's taste.

Cut open the English muffins.  Place on a cookie sheet.  Spread on tuna.  Add a slice of vegan cheese.  Place under the broiler and cook until the cheese is melty, bubbly, and starting to brown.

Serve with sides like spinach or lettuce, pickles, fruit or veggie stick, and chips.

Comments