Lavendar Mint Tea



Lavender Mint Tea
When I see these two plants, I think of my grandma.  How she loved them!  She used lavender flowers in her dresser to keep her clothes smelling fresh.  She and grandpa had them in there wedding arrangements.  I was a special flower to both of them.

And spearmint?  Somehow it seemed to grow magically all year long for her.  No one entered the property without a snip of the plant handed to them and encouragement to eat it. Her house often smelled like mint tea as often it was brewing on her little burner.

Here's to you grandma!  Thanks for all the love and beautiful memories.

Cut fresh sprigs of mint and lavender.  Rinse.  Put in a pot of water.  Bring to a boil.
Cover and let sit for at least 5 min.  I like to let it sit covered all day and even overnight like grandma did.
Remove the leaves and compost them.

Enjoy hot or as a chilled refreshment.

Comments